- 27 May: Memorandum of Agreement incorporating By-laws signed by HR Griffith, R Rochette, M Digby Leigh, W Bourne, and G Cousineau.
- 21 June: Letters of Patent incorporating Society granted.
- 24 June: provisional Directors meet and elect HR Griffith as President, M Digby Leigh as Secretary, R Rochette and W Bourne as Vice-Presidents. The five founders become the Society's first members - total membership is 5.
- 9 October: first meeting of "Executive", which is equivalent to Council.
- Dues set at $5.00.
- 24 May: first Annual Meeting held at Royal York Hotel in Toronto.
- The NDP platform includes proposal for "universal" health care insurance for Saskatchewan.
- 7 December: membership organized in nine provincial divisions.
- 24 May: membership totals 310 at the end of World War II.
- 15-19 June: first Refresher Course held prior to Annual Meeting.
- 3 March: Committee on Survey of Anaesthetic Services formed - the first CAS Committee.
- RA Gordon elected Secretary-Treasurer.
- CAS office moved to Medical Arts Building in Toronto.
- Saskatchewan Hospital Insurance Plan introduced.
- Fall: first exam held for Royal College certification.
- 23-24 April: Western Canadian Division's meeting held in Regina.
- 16 June: Newfoundland approved as Society's tenth Division.
Excerpted in part by DJ Doyle from Watching Closely Those Who Sleep, David AE Shephard, 1993