CAS offers members several opportunities for personal involvement, professional development and engagement.
By taking on a volunteer role in your Society, you join an enthusiastic team dedicated to advancing the profession of anesthesia. A role with CAS allows you to share your unique experiences with others, learn new skills, push forward innovative ideas, and develop key professional and personal networks. Your ongoing input is critical to CAS' accomplishments and to the development and empowerment of anesthesiologists across the country and internationally.
To apply, please send your notification of interest to firstname.lastname@example.org
, outlining the role you are applying for.
- Continuing Education and Professional Development (CEPD) Committee - Committee Chair; 2-3 committee members
The CEPD Committee was established to consider and advise the CAS Board on specialty and non-specialty education in all aspects of anesthesia, and to provide expertise on Maintenance of Certification and continuing professional development to CAS members, Annual Meeting delegates, consumers of CAS-supported educational material, and applicants for accreditation. The Committee also functions as an educational resource and support for all relevant Committees, Divisions, Sections, and the Canadian Journal of Anesthesia. Ideally, but not mandatory, the Chair has some experience in working in continuing professional development including theory and practice.
What the CEPD Committee Chair does
- coordinates the Committee activity, including
- education - suggests / advises on relevant speakers / content areas
- accreditation – reviews and delegates review of pre-screened applications
- plans Committee meetings
- consults the CAS Office in establishing the Committee budget
- reports annually on the Committee activity
- stands on the following Committees and sub-Committees, to determine that any educational content is planned in accordance with requirements for accredited CME/CPD activities:
- Annual Meeting Committee
- Annual Meeting Working Group
- CPD Modules Planning Sub-Committee
- Quality and Patient Safety Committee
- Archives and Artifacts Committee - 2 positions - Committee Chair; Committee Member - The Archives and Artifacts (A&A) Committee is responsible for organizing and preserving printed documents, audiovisual recordings and pictures (archives) and objects (artifacts) of historical significance to CAS and to anesthesia in Canada. Among its numerous other responsibilities, the A&A Committee is in charge of the development, planning and organization of the History Section of CAS’ web page and of the History Symposium at the CAS Annual Meeting. Help preserve national anesthesia history by joining!
- Committee on Anesthesia Care Team (COACT) - 2 positions - Committee Chair; Committee Member - COACT is responsible for advising the CAS Board of Directors on matters pertaining to anesthesia regarding developments within the allied health fields and particularly with regard to Anesthesia Assistants.